More About My Cat



A little while ago, I published something about my cat—affectionately named Precious the Dork. In that post, I talked about her weird obsession with water. I think that was the only time I said anything about my kitten, but now I have more to say about her!

You see, we thought it would be a good idea to take her from Washington State, to Oklahoma. Please don’t get me wrong here; I’m so glad that we did! I love my baby girl! It’s just that… she’s a major dork.

I promise I try to understand the reasons behind her constant yowling, but I should give up, because there is no reason other than to talk to her sanity. I also try and understand why she keeps me up all night, but honestly, our apartment is to small for monsters. She just needs to build a bridge and get over it.

Our apartment is on the second floor of the apartment complex, and (as you already knew) we have a deck.

Our deck isn’t really the safest for pets, so I don’t let her go out there. She doesn’t really mind that much, because she’s picky and only wants to do what she wants to do, and spend time in the heat is not  something she’s interested in.

Anyway, one day she was sitting there staring out the window and I got curious as to what she could see from that view.

So I got down on her level and looked.

Literally, all that you could see was the deck boards and the roof across the courtyard.

It’s not a very impressive view.

Yet, for some reason my little dork doesn’t mind staring out at it for hours!

She was content, even though she couldn’t see the whole picture.

That was a little bit humbling.

You see, when I can’t see the whole picture I get frustrated. So I move chairs, and make things work differently so I can see more. It drives me crazy not to know what’s going on in the ‘picture.’
It’s hard for me to be content when I don’t know what’s going to happen next.
But honestly, how much do I need to know?

I do know that Christ is king both now and forever more. I know that He is forever sovereign. I know that He poured His love down upon all the earth and that He knows the plans He has for me.
Isn’t that truly all I need to know? That He’s sovereign over both now and forever more and that he never has bad plans for me.

“God, you are my God. I search for you. I thrust for you like someone in a dry, empty land where there is no water… Because your love is better than life, I will praise you. I will praise you as long as I love, I will lift up my hands in prayer to your name. I will be content as if I had eaten the best foods. My lips will sing, and my mouth will praise you…. You are my help. Because of your protection, I sing. I stay close to you; you support me with your right hand.”
                                                                                          ~Psalms 62:1-8

~Rachel Joy

Popular Posts