Tomorrow

                                                     

*I put off publishing this for a couple day to be ironic. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.*

I don't know if I'm the only one who sees tomorrow as this mythical beautiful day. The day when I get to do everything I meant to do today, and the day when I am braver, warmer, less sarcastic, and live with more purpose. 

Tomorrow never comes though. Because as soon as that tomorrow comes, it becomes today. So we just keep dreaming about tomorrow. 

Never stop dreaming about what tomorrow may hold, but don't hold so tightly to those dreams that it binds you. 

Never stop being a light in the impeding darkness of tomorrow, and never stop believing in the God of yesterday, today, tomorrow and all of forever. 

You see, through the ups and downs that each day holds, Jesus is still sovereign. 

He has his hand upon your life, and he loves you unconditionally for all of eternity. 

No matter the mistakes of yesterday, the failures of today or the uncertainty of tomorrow, he is still Lord over all. He is holding you tightly in his hand. 

He will be forever sovereign. 

Believe me, I know how hard that is to hold fast too. 

But my friends, he is always sovereign. 

And that is what can help us keep up with each day. That's what can help us press on through the struggles of each day. 

That's what can help us when we are tired of each day being the same, and that's what can help us stand both yesterday, today and forever more...

"The Lord will guard you as you come and go, both now and forever..."  Psalms 121:8 

In Christ Alone, 
~Rachel Joy

Popular Posts