Goodbye... For Now.


*Four hundred and fifty drafts later.* 
*Stares at blinking cursor.* 

So as you probably guessed by the title of this post, I'm going to be saying goodbye for a little while. (That physically hurt to write.) 

Lately I've been very overwhelmed. The best way to  describe it as is like your carrying textbooks in your arms. The more textbooks you carry, the heaver it gets, and thus you can't carry as many textbooks. 

The thing that I'm afraid of is that I'm carrying so many textbooks and eventually I'm going to fall and they are going to fall everywhere and someone is going to need a spatula to scrape me up off the ground. 

Blogging, work, school, family, the  responsibilities that come with being the oldest, trying to build a social life, trying to plant myself, church, music, adulting, and nine hundred million other things. 

I really do love blogging. The more I pray about it, the more I feel like it's something God has laid on my heart. 

But lately it's been hard for me to keep up with everything without becoming completely overwhelmed.

I was not called to be a "vent blogger," and that is what this is going to become if my priorities don't get lined up pretty soon. 

That being said, I'm taking the month of December off of blogging to try to pull my life together.  And when I come back things might be changing a little bit. We'll see. 

Instead of dropping all the textbooks, I'm going to lay them down  at the feet of Jesus and let him carry them with me--because I'm becoming more and more aware that I literally can't do this myself. I can't keep going on and on without him being right here with me. The more I try, the more tired I'm going to feel. Which... Isn't going to be productive. 

Every week you guys astound and overwhelm me with support and just being amazing,  and I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. You are all absolutely priceless, and I love you and pray for you often. 

I will still be responding to comments and if you email me, I'll probably get back to you. (within a decent time frame, completely different story.) 

Until later my friends. 
Hope you have a joyful Christmas and that you get to see Jesus move in your lives and in the lives of your families. 

In Christ Alone,
~Rachel Joy

Popular Posts