A Letter to a Persecuted Christian



I have  realized how privileged I am. The other day as I was looking at blog stats, I realized that I have viewers from a country in which it is illegal to be a Christian.

This blows my mind, and I am so honored by this.

The person reading this text could be put in jail for what they believe— perhaps because of my blog. A blog written by a 16 year old who honestly doesn’t know what she’s doing. I am so amazed, honored and scared for your lives.

As I was realizing this and just praying over this person/people I decided that I wanted to write something to you. Because people who stand for the Gospel--perhaps even to the death—are honestly my heroes. You guys are amazing to me.

 I was thinking and praying about this. What do you say to someone who could lose their life because of what you believe?

I guess I would start with thank you. Thank you for bearing witness to the name of Jesus even when it’s hard. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for making that stand. Thank you for being an example of what it means to stand strong. That's amazing. Thank you so much.

Secondly I want to say something to encourage you. Something that kind of sounds like, “Stand strong because in the long run it’s so worth it.”

I’ve never been in that situation, and I have no clue what it would be like. To be honest, the very thought of police showing up at the door and to be like, ‘Are you a Christian?’ then to say ‘Yes’ even though you know what it means?

Wow.

Keep standing strong you guys. Keep being that light and keep holding onto hope. I can only imagine how hard that would even be, but keep the faith. Paul talks about running the race until the completion, and you can do that-- but only through Christ who will give you both strength and the words to say at the right time. 

Jesus says that in this world there will be trouble, and you guys are at the very soul of that. But he also says to take heart, because he has overcome the world. He is holding you close through it all.

He will be right there with you through the trials and the pain of the world. Just trust and believe that. 

I’m praying for you and I hope to meet you someday. 

Until then, your sister in Christ,

~Rachel Joy


If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as it loves its own. But I have chosen you out of the world, so you don’t belong to it. That is why the world hates you.” ~John 15:18

Popular Posts