Marveling at Jesus



I love looking up at the stars. Seeing the Glory of God and getting to be in awe at how great our God is, it’s the best thing basically ever.

The Bible talks about God knowing the names of the stars and that he is the one who calls them out one by one.

I love that.

One night recently I was sitting out on the lawn watching the stars. As I saw the galaxies spinning, and the stars just doing their thing, I found myself thinking:

“I hope I never grow so old and wise that I stop marveling at the stars. I hope I never become so busy that it becomes ‘just another’ sunset, and I hope I never get tired of watching God move.”

As I’ve gotten older, some things have lost their marvel. I don’t really gawk the way I used to. I don’t know why, but I just don’t. But I hope that I don’t ever look at the things God has created and just shrug it off. I hope I keep seeing Jesus in everything.

I can be a pretty busy human. Not always, but I can be.  But I hope I never get so busy that I stop seeing the sovereignty of God in everything.

 I don’t want to ever lose what God gave me. I don’t want to stop seeing Jesus!
I don’t want to marvel at anything of this world. Just at Jesus and the way that he is King over everything.

At times, this world seems so bright. I worry about being sucked into it, and to start gawking at the darkness. But there is nothing in the darkness.

No matter what the future holds, I want to keep looking at Jesus and marveling at him and all that he is.

Jesus is in the light, and I want to keep marveling at Jesus and his creation. I want to keep being in awe of all that he does…

“”I tell you the truth; you must change and become like little children. Otherwise, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven. The greatest person in the kingdom of heaven is the one who makes himself humble like a child.  Whoever accepts a child in my name accepts me…”” – Matthew 18:3


~Rachel Joy 

Popular Posts