I'm in Love...



I’m in love.

You know how they say that when you’re in love there are star sparkles on your eyes and all that jazz, well… it’s totally true.

It’s amazing.

Every morning I wake up just looking for the person I’m in love with, and he’s in everything. Everyone I see, the pumpkin spice muffins, and my coffee, it all reminds me of the person I’m in love with.

It’s hopeless. Don’t try and talk me out of it. I have on the rose coloured glasses, and I totally adore every moment of it.

I know, I’m a hopeless romantic, but I know that my lover loves me too! We have longwinded conversations, and He is with me all the time.

He’s a painter. And an architect. And a potter. He also enjoys shepherding and cow herding. (The irony of my family teasing me about a cowboy…) He’s also a very strong abolitionist and loves people.

He’s basically fabulous.

When I’m sad, he holds me tight, and he is with me in scary situations.

He’s really strong and mighty too. Like… yeah.

(Can I just say I feel like such a tween right now.)

Oh? You want to know who this fabulous person is?

You can read all about him, in this amazing book that he ordained, and his name is Jesus.
You know how I know that he loves me? Because he offered himself for me on the cross, so that I can be free indeed through him.

Yeah.

I’ve been finding myself falling in love with all that God is. How strong and mighty he is. How sovereign he is, sinking deeper into his loving embrace.

I am so in love with Jesus.

I’m not sure when that happened, but I just… I feel like He’s walking right here next to me, and that he loves me sooo much!

I know that I haven’t always felt like that. I have had days when I felt like I was a failure and like I wasn’t worthy of God’s love.

But I now see. I was never too far from his Grace.

And I’m swept up in the power of his Love.

All that time I thought I was falling into an abyss, I was really falling into his never ending love!
And I’m so in love with all that He is.

Loving God means obeying his commands. And God’s commands are not too hard for us, because everyone who is a child of God conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world—our faith.” – 1 John 5:3


~Rachel Joy 

Popular Posts