here


“Mom, I’ll home in a minute I have to stop at the Hamaltion. Hamiltion  Hamialton  Hamilt…” I fumbled onto the text box on my phone. Although I love writing, spelling has never been my strong point.

As I stood there wondering how on earth to spell “Hamilton” I heard a voice from the chair nearby. “I’m right here.”

It was this little old lady sitting there waiting for… something with her little old husband.

I looked over, laughed and then explained my problem.

She laughed and said, “Oh bless your heart, I’m just teasing you.” (“Bless your heart” generally means “Oh you’re an idiot” I’ve discovered.)

I had seen them both sitting there, but what with my laptop, phone, large notebook, purse and the crazy amount of other things I had piled in my arms, (and the fact I can’t spell “Hamilton” to save a life) I hadn’t done what I normally do—which was say hello to the people sitting in those yellow chairs.

As I was driving home, I found myself thinking about that.

“I’m right here.” Those words…
That’s what I say when I’m in trouble.
That’s what I say in the middle of the chaos of life.
That’s what I say when I’m trying not to be to invisible.
“I’M HERE!” I yell as I run through the doors, making a mad dash attempt not to be too late.
“I am here.” Jesus says when the storms get louder.
“I am the light of the world…” He says in the darkness. (John 8:12)
“I AM WHO I AM,” he proclaims over my doubt. (Exodus 3:14)
“I am the way, and the truth and the life,” he says when I am lost. (John 14:6)
I am… 

“The One who was sitting on the throne said, “Look! I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this, because these words are true and can be trusted.” The One on the throne said to me, “It is finished. I am the alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give free water from the spring of the water of life to anyone who is thirst. Those who win the victory will receive this, and I will be their God, and they will be my Children.” ~Revelation 21:5-7


--Rachel Joy 

Popular Posts