Waiting...



My family has recently begun planning my wedding. Not that I’m getting married anytime in the foreseeable future, but I do get a good bit of gruff about my marriage.

Apparently I’m marrying a cowboy.

*Shakes head.* Na.
I have a reason: Because cowboys mean cows. And cows are big, ugly and scary, and I’m not about that life.

Anyway, between that and the silly little fact that the post I published on Valentine’s Day is somehow still the number one post on this blog (is there any way you all can change that? It’s really just a stupid little post…) And because I’m a hopeless romantic, I’ve been thinking a lot about my Prince Charming.

Like any teenage girl, I wonder the silly things like, “Have we meet yet?” I wonder about his hobbies (please not cow herding!) I wonder about his favorite food. (And coffee is a food just for the record.)  I wonder about his music tastes and… just a lot of other random stuff.

I also wonder about the other not so silly things. Like, “How would I react if he said, “Hey let’s move to the other side of the world”   (I would not react the same way my mom would. Just saying.) I wonder what state/country we will live in. (Who says we have to live in the US?)

I wonder a lot of things.

 I’m sure that right now every girl reading this blog wants me to continue because they are like, “OHMYWORD DOES THIS MEAN… I’m normal!” and every guy is like, “Gag me with a spoon. You are so random Rach. Please just… stop.”

But the intent of this blog post is not about my wonderings about Prince Charming.
It’s about waiting.

You see, I could make an amazing list about all I want in my Prince, and I could write for hours about all the things I wonder about him and blah, blah, blah but if that’s not what God has in store for me, then ok.

You see, It was nowhere on the “Life Plans and Aspirations” to move to Oklahoma. Not even on the “reading through the lines” version.  

But somehow that happened, and somehow it’s all worked out.

If Charming can fix a sink, is amazing at music, has gorgeous eyes and wants to be a Pastor then that would be fantastic, but if my Prince has been called to be a shoe salesman, can’t tell a hammer from a wrench and has eyes like a turtle, then you know what? I can be ok with that.

There’s really only one thing that is a must. He must be a Godly Man. He has to believe that God is number one in his life and he must have surrendered his life to Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and be willing to let God taking the steering wheel of life.


That being said, I’m ok with waiting for God to show me Prince Charming.
I might not be happy about it, but I’m ok with waiting.

You see, here in the waiting, I can learn to love people—even when they drive me crazy. I can learn the art of waiting.

I’m ok with that.
Until I meet my Prince, I’m content with just praying for him. I can pray for wisdom over his future, praying that he will grow closer to Jesus every day, and that he will continue to walk in righteousness and holiness—without even meeting him.

When Charming comes up and sweeps me off my feet into a castle of God things filled adventures, I will say that the wait was worth it.

“This is my prayer for you; that your love will grow more and more; that you will have knowledge and understanding with your love; that you will see the difference between good and bad and choose the good; that you will be pure and without wrong for the coming of Christ…”  ~Philippians 1:9-10

--Rachel Joy

 *As a note: That is a buckle on a prom dress I tried on, that I thought was cute, so I took a picture of, not a wedding dress. I’m not that hopeless of a romantic. (Although I have tried on my mom and my grandma’s wedding dresses before…)* 

Popular Posts