Until... ??


So… in a shocking turn of events, Miss. Piggy and Kermit where married.

That in and of its self was astonishing to me. Like, where was my invite to the wedding? It’s not like I grew up with them or anything. (Who? Me? Bitter? No. Not at all. In no way at all.)

But I guess it’s ok that I didn’t get an invite, because they are getting a divorce. Folks, these two Children’s TV characters can’t work through their differences enough to even hold together a marriage.

The culture is screaming that the whole “until death do us part” thing is a myth.

The people Hollywood glorify can’t hold together a marriage, people in the community can’t, and the world seems to scream marriage is not forever.

Ok. People do get divorced. I know that. People in churches get divorced. I fully realize that.
It’s become a sad part of life.

But just because people do that, and just because Muppets do that, does not mean it has to become accepted, and in no way will Prince Charming and I get a ever divorce.

I am writing this as a 16 year old with no romance in the foreseeable future (unless you count a love relationship with coffee…) But I’m not going to let that become my expectation for the future.

I’m not going to look at my marriage and think, “Wow. My Prince isn’t as charming as he could be. He still walks all over my clean floors in his boots, and I’m not just about that anymore. Bye--bye Mr. Charming!”

You see, I’m one of those freaks who believes that what God brings together, no one can separate, and that even if my future marriage becomes rocky and crazy though God’s grace, we can stay forever.

I love the idea that when Prince Charming and I exchange our vows, that we will be “till death do us part.”

I know that my parents have had spats, but they are still an amazing example of what God ordained when he invented marriage. (Mom and Dad, you two are awesome. Love you guys!)

There’s also that both sets of Grandparents are still married and rocking life. They’ve been married since the Stone Age, (I’m so about to get swatted for saying that…) and have been through a lot, but they are still an amazing example of everything grandparents should be. (Miss you Grandmas and Grandpas and can’t wait to see you again soon!)

Perhaps it’s just because of that amazing heritage that I strongly believe marriages can work. 
And between two fictional characters, oh yeah.

The world doesn’t need to see more disunity. It honestly needs to see more of the way things should be. It should see more relationships that work, and should encourage a generation that sees so much discord, to be unified.
I happen to know that the ‘delete draft’ button tends to work very well. Just saying.

Honestly, that might just be me who thinks that. I realize that a lot of things I think aren’t what the world seems to think is normal, but it’s what I hold to be true!

Marriage is supposed to represent the Trinity. When a marriage falls through, it’s mocking God, you know what I mean?

I guess my point of writing and publishing this is to say that marriage is ‘Until death do us part.’ It’s meant to be forever. When you say your vows, that’s a big part of it. It’s just so sad that the world is teaching so much discord, that Children’s TV can’t hold it together.

Need I really say more?

 “Even more than all this, clothe yourself in love. Love is what holds you all together in perfect unity. Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking, because you were all called together in one body to have peace. Always be thankful.”
               ~Colossians 3:14-15

~Rachel Joy 

Popular Posts