Living for Eternity


Does anyone else on earth ever look at the calendar and be like, “Oh my word, how was it a month ago that *Insert life changing event* happened?”

That has been my liffee lately. I was looking at the calendar and I was like, “How was it a month ago that I hugged all my best friends goodbye and got in a moving truck to move to practically the end of the earth?”

How was it two weeks ago that I was in Oklahoma City singing praises with 8000 other people?

How was it one year ago when I started blogging?

How was it one year ago that I was taller than both of my younger brothers!?! (It’s an issue ok!)
How did my entire life change in such a short time and why does it still feel like it all happened yesterday?

Am I just so old that it seems like time goes by way to fast?

(I promise my birth certificate says that I was born in 1998, not 1898.)

It’s crazy!

Time goes by way to quickly! (She cackled in a grandmotherly voice.)

As I look at the calendar wondering how it is that my life has changed so dramatically in the past month, I realized this.

My life is short.

So I might as well live big.

If my entire life can change in one month, what about an entire year?

At the beginning of this year, I said that I was looking forward to going on life changing adventures. I had NO CLUE what I was signing up for. That was God preparing my heart for this. What he’s doing in my life today, is preparing me for my life in the future!

But, my life is so short.

Should we not live louder than ever before because of that? If God can rock the world this much in one month, what could he do with a lifetime?

As a 16 almostbutnotreally 17 year old, a lifetime is a scary thing to think about.

I have a lot of crazy dreams for my lifetime. I want to speak to loads of people.  I want to get married to Prince Charming. I want to have a ton of kids. I want to publish a book. I want to watch my grandkids catch fireflies in the lawn on warm summer’s evenings.

I want to live my lifetime in a way that’s God honoring and that he will use for the rest of eternity.
When I die, I want people to look at my life and honestly say “That was a girl that lived a life that was God honoring and that he will use in perpetuity.”

But I’m not immortal. And in 2 years I might look back and say, “Why did I let my life slip by like that?”

I would hate for that to happen.

So I’m going to start today and live life for eternity.

“People who do not believe are living all around you and might say that you are doing wrong. Live such good lives that they will see the good times you do and will give glory to God on the day when Christ comes again.” ~2 Peter 2:12

~Rachel Joy 

Popular Posts