A Couple Notes About the USA



I completely and totally intended to write about every part of the journey to Oklahoma, but the past couple days have involved a million years of driving, so I haven’t really had the energy to do that.

So I thought that today I would catch you all up with life, and just talk a little bit about my beautiful country and the things I've noticed about it during the move.

Over the weekend, my brothers and I are at my Grandma and Poppy’s house, getting to meet the cousins, talking to the Great Grands, and overall just chilling.

My parents are in Mysmalltown trying to find a house, unpacking the Uhaul, and probably overall just stressing. (I think the kids got the better end of the deal.)

During our travels, I’ve noticed a couple things about being “Down South” versus being in Washington.

For example, Washington has pine trees. Like, pine trees everywhere. During Christmas time when there is snow everywhere, the trees are blanketed in snow, and it really is quite beautiful.

Now, as I have discovered, the midwest is mostly leafy trees.

When you drive past a forest here, it looks more like a rain forest with little leafy  mounds of ‘real’ trees. (Like Elm and Oak trees.)

Also different kinds of birds. I saw a heard a real cardinal the other day and was like, “what is that!” (I only figured it out after one of my brothers was like, “Rach, that’s a cardinal.”

And I’m like. “OH MY WORD FOR REAL THAT’S AWESOME.”

One last thing that I’ve noticed, before I leave to go rule the world (or something) is the subject of  fireworks.

In Washington, it is illegal to have fireworks. You don’t do that.

In the Midwest, there are signs, warehouses promoting (and full of I assume) these things that I’ve always thought were super horrible and illegal. (People were shooting them off last night in front of my window and I was like, “Where are the cops, because these people are about to get arrested.” Then they never came and I figured it out.)

What does this mean?
I am so confused.

I’ll close with this:
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”
~Ecclesiastes 3:1


Have an amazing Fourth of July full of family and ice cream!

~Rachel Joy

Popular Posts