God Just Being Sovereign



So at the time I’m writing this post, I am sitting on the bed at a hotel in Montana listening to the new Chris August cover, and just trying to sort through my life. Because it’s just been one of those days, ya know?

It’s been a day full of God things, a day full of friendships and a day full of tears.

I woke up early this morning to climb up on the roof to watch the sunrise and do my devotions. The verse that really stood out this morning, was Isaiah 49:15-16:

“I will not forget you. See, I have written your name on my hand.”

That’s really powerful to me, as I tend to write things on my hands so that I don’t forget them, and to think that God has my name written on his hand and that every time he sees it he thinks, “Oh hey! That’s the name of my daughter that I love dearly!” Just blows my mind.

Even when I’m in the process of moving to Oklahoma, even when this hurts and even when this is crazy, I’m not forgotten by God, the all knowing Almighty God.

Shortly after that my Grandma and I went to this local donut shop and got 2 dozen donuts. (Can I say they smelled fantastic? Also, thank you teenage brothers for devouring them in no time at all.)

We then went home, disassembled the beds and waited for dad to get back with the U-haul.

We’ve been hopping that we could fit it all in just one truck, but looking at all the  things in the garage, we were all pretty much prepared to have to go get another one.


Almost as soon as the U-haul showed up, so did so many unexpected treasures. I’m not kidding when I say there were a million people there helping us move. It was amazing.

People that I never would have thought would have showed up came and totally just rocked everything.

There were times when I just stood there watching all these people just helping and being amazing and had literally no words. It was amazing.

The biggest God thing was that it all fit in one truck.

A household full of things fit in one huge truck.

God is so amazing. Even though we are moving he still hasn’t forgotten us.

Another huge God thing was that we got all packed up  before noon! We left Myfaircity at 12:30ish (I didn’t think to look at the time but that’s a goodish guess.)

When we left, I literally just cried, because, first of all it hurt. It hurt to wave and hug goodbye our amazing friends and then to drive through the streets I’ve lived around my whole life. It hurt to think that I’ll never be back (Which I will… don’t think you’re quite done with me yet Myfaircity, Washington!)

And then I cried because God is so amazing. He has blessed us with amazing friendships with people that will love us even if we are moving, even if we have had problems in the past, and even though we are sometimes so different.

He didn’t forget us when we moved to Myfaircity and he won’t forget about us when we are in Mysmalltown Oklahoma.

He’s got this whole move thing, and he’s going to be sovereign over our footsteps as we come and as we go.

“Be strong and brave. Don’t be afraid… and don’t be frightened, because the LORD your God will go with you. He will not leave you or forget you.”

~Rachel Joy

Popular Posts