Your Grace is...


We live in a culture that tells us that we "need" so many things in order to be happy. A cool car, a huge house, a Disney relationship, the newest tech and loads of money to stuff their mattress with. (Really... what is the point of that? I think it would make everything smell funny. Just saying.)

Recently I have been thinking a lot about the grace of God being enough. For it to be your rest and your refuge when you are tired. Your hope when you are depressed and your lifeline.

We sing songs that go something along the lines of "Oh your Grace is enough" at church often, and don't get me wrong, I love those songs.

But the thing about God's grace being enough means that you put your trust in him and in him alone. It means that you are believing in him for everything and that you trust him no matter what happens in your life. 

And I don't know if people look at my life and see that. Do I live in such a way that shows that I have surrendered all to him? Do I trust in God and his grace and that it will me enough for me or do I trust in my own strength?

Do I find my contentment in Christ alone, or in Christ and?

Do we perhaps say, “Yes! Your grace is sufficient but only when added to my relationship, car, amazing job, blue skies and sunny days."  

I think perhaps not. I think that if we truly believed that his grace was enough that we would be more content with how we are living. I think that we would have a faith that says, "Lord you are my all and all I will trust in you no matter what happens." 

I feel like so often people look at Christians, or when they see someone who says they are a Christian, they see (Or imagine that they see) a walking cliché. Someone who lives in the world and who says they believe in the faithfulness of God, but who you can tell by there fruit they don't really believe it. 

Do you think that perhaps surrendering and truly living in God's Grace would be enough to change the world?


 “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.”
 ~2 Corinthians 12:9.

Just a thought…


Rachel Joy

Popular Posts