What The Cross Means to Me: Joy!!

For me the Cross means joy.

I don’t know about the rest of the world, but I sure find a lot of joy in knowing that I am free, and that my Savior lives.

As I was writing the first draft of the blog ,I actually got so excited that I wanted to run up on the roof and yell “I AM SET FREE BY THE AMAZING LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST MY KING!!”

Literally, that almost happened. (Two things stopped me. The first being it was the middle of the night, and the second being there was a million tons of snow on the roof and I was in my pajamas. Yes. I blog in my pajamas. And come to think of it, that was a while ago... all the snow has gone now.)

Joy is deep. It’s something bigger then happiness (Happiness is something that fades away with time and only really depends on what’s going on.) Joy is bright. It’s something you can see from far away, and you can tell the difference between someone who is joyful and someone who is happy.

Something that about being joyful makes me have more energy then I usually have. I guess it’s probably that whole, “The joy of the Lord is my strength…” thing.

The joy that Jesus gives is perfect! He has given me freedom, joy, hope, love and peace. Because of what he did on the cross I know  that I am accepted-not by works but by faith. Because of what happened on the cross I know that I am redeemed and free. I am forgiven and chosen.

Rachel Joy-Child of The King

I know that was really short but today is the first day of a writers conference so I really don't have time to write (Oh the irony!)   I'm super excited to share more thoughts with you throughout the next couple weeks and months! 

Like I said on Monday, if you have any feedback or ideas please let me know! 

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

Popular Posts