serious business: part two



(The title of this series is basically just me being ironic, for those of you who where wondering why I have such a dumb title for this.)

This week in coffee shop news...

As I'm reflecting on what happened this week, I have come to the realization that I do not remember what happened Monday. Or really Tuesday... Or yesterdayyy...

50% sure they happened though.

This week my voice decided to take a hike. So basically I sounded like a mix between Kermit the Frog and Darth Vader until yesterday.  It was comical, and created a lot of awkward opportunities for sarcasm.

Wednesday was probably the funniest day.

I was working at the drive thru, and instead of "Have a great day" I accidentally said, "may the force be with you."

I also said, "Live long and prosper."

Now I'm like, "could I hand people latte's and be like, "with great power, comes great responsibility. Rue the day my friend."

Could I do that?

We could have a whole Startrek/Starwars theme going. It would be funny.

*Don't worry, I won't do that. I'm an almost adult. I have better judgement then that.*

My second weekly story has to do with the left (??) window at the drive thru. (The reason for the question marks is it depends on what side your standing. If your facing the front then it's the left but if you turn around, it's the right.)

The window's entire purpose is to kill me.
Let me elaborate.

I'm not actually that strong. I'm a writer/photographer, I don't go outside much, the only reason I run is if a hippopotamus is trying to eat me, and the heaviest thing I lift is my cat.

And when it's cold and this specific window is closed all the way, a little vacuum seal is created.

There have been times when there are three people pulling on the window.
Three people. One window.

That in and off it's self is a pain in the neck, but add onto it that the past two days it's been the same guy that's gotten stuck pulling on the window trying to open it.
I should just give up and just learn sign language.

*Insert me miming orders through the vacuumed window.*

The last story is about those people who have their lives so together that they can bring their own sugar to a coffee shop.

Some people do that, and I'm just like,
"Look, I'm lucky to be wearing two shoes today and to be speaking some coherent language . And you are bringing your own sugar to a coffee shop?"

It makes me feel like an absolute slob at life. Please ya'll. There are sugar packets right there. There is not a world wide sugar packet famine sweeping our coffee shop.
Please.

Your's truly,
A Very Disorganized Barista


That's all for today folks.
What randomly awkward things happened to you this week?

In Christ Alone,
Rachel Joy


Popular Posts